Tuesday, October 02, 2007

Welcome to my Blog!


Welcome to my blog!

Thanks for stopping by to read my blog.

It's just a place for me to jot down the important & not so important things going on in my life.

A place to post my labs & medical reports.

Now an introduction.

About me.

My name is Jim
I'm a white male
50 years old
Short brown hair
Brown eyes that sparkle when the right guy looks deep into them
5'6"
150 lbs.
Born on 8 November 1956
In Winter Haven Florida
I served in the US Army from 1974 until 1980.

Most of my time in the US,with one year in Germany.

From my first sex encounter with another man I've always used condoms.
I new guys in my Army Basic Training unit that had different STD's & I wanted no part of that.

So,How did I get the HIV Critter?

Back in 1981 I was involved in a hit and run accident, van vs. bicycle. I landed in the gutter in less than 7 days in Los Angeles, what a way to start a new year & new life, plus I had just landed a new job.
The van came up on the side walk & hit me. The right side of my head hit the curb, my left elbow hit the pavement & I ended up with about 10% hearing in my right ear drum, a constant ringing sound & a locked left elbow.

I received 10 units of o+ blood @ the USC/County hospital. The blood was not being screened @ that time. The hospital was buying plasma from a company that bought it from anyone & also from both male & female prostitutes & my 10 units were among the tainted ones taken from a male prostitute who later had died from Aids.

I was living in Los Angeles, CA. and first diagnosed in 1985 with what is now known as HIV/AIDS.

But more than likely I've had the virus since 1981 when I recieved the transfusion.

All I remember about being given the bad news is the guy looking somber & telling me how sorry he was, & that I should find a good lawyer to get my affairs in order & a good doctor to treat me. The reason was that back then no meds & they were telling people that they could expect to live about 6 months.

Well I'm still here!

I've only been in the hospital once & that was because of a drug interaction.

I will be posting my labs & list of meds.

I'll try to write a little more every day & hope you'll feel free to ask any questions you'd like to ask.

Until then, Please click on the ad by google!

TTFN (Ta Ta For Now)

Jim

No comments:

Post a Comment